Abby Suiter, MBA, CVPM - Practice Manager
DIAH on Wheels Treasurer and Program Coordinator
Abby became a part of the DIAH team in 2009 after moving to the area from Indiana. She holds a BS in Industrial Management from Purdue University, a Masters in Business Administration from The Citadel, and is a Certified Veterinary Practice Manager. Growing up in her parent’s animal clinic meant she had the opportunity to hold (and appreciate) many positions including tub and toilet cleaner, kennel attendant, dog bather, receptionist and doctor's assistant to earn her keep before moving into the world of veterinary management.
- Why She Works at a Veterinary Hospital: "I find great job satisfaction in the pursuit of creating an office environment and business structure in which veterinarians and their support team members can thrive professionally, practice great medicine, and take excellent care of their clients."
- Family: Abby and her husband, Adam, are the proud parents of two young children, Drake and Poppy, and their chocolate Labrador, Marlie.
- Fun Fact: “The veterinary industry is my family's business. My dad is my mom's practice manager and my mom spent her vet school internship working for my now grandfather-in-law!”
- Hobbies: USTA tennis and all things Drake and Poppy!
- Affiliations: Veterinary Hospital Managers Association (VHMA), Today's Veterinary Business Take Charge columnist, VHMA Emerging Leader (2014)
Erin Waldrop, LVT - Lead Technician
Erin began her veterinary career at Daniel Island Animal Hospital in 2007 as a receptionist and since has transitioned to our patient care team. She is a graduate of Trident Technical College's Veterinary Technician program and officially passed her national boards in July 2012 to become a Licensed Veterinary Technician!
- Favorite Part of DIAH: "Working with great people who all have such amazing compassion for our patients. I love learning something new everyday."
- Family: Husband – Trey; 3 dogs 2 Cats and 1 rabbit.
- Fun Facts: Charleston native, oldest of 6
- Hobbies: Camping, running, and spending time with friends and family.
- Memberships: South Carolina Association of Veterinary Technicians (SCAVT)
Kelly McCrackin - Lead Receptionist
Kelly joined our reception team in the summer of 2015. Prior to employment at DIAH, she worked in a large animal practice. She has also taken courses in Veterinary Technology.
- Favorite Part of DIAH: “My awesome coworkers and all the sweet animals!"
- Family: Husband(Micah), 3 daughters(Mikayla, Gracey & Kaitlyn), 2 dogs(Gator & Blue) and 2 cats(Milo & Ellie).
- Hobbies: Being on the water, family time & reading.
- Favorite Quote: “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
Pam Fagersten, LVT - Technician
DIAH on Wheels Technician
Pam joined our team in 2014. She is coming up on lucky #13 years in the vet industry. She holds an AAS in Veterinary Technology from Sussex Community College of New Jersey. A veterinary hospital satisfies her fascination with science and medicine combined with her love of animals as no other occupation could. Do what you love...love what you do!
- Favorite Part of DIAH: "Although here only a short time, I appreciate the caring and consideration my co-workers have for one another and the patients in their care."
- Family: Husband - Tom, 2 grown daughters, 2 sons-in-law, 2 grandchildren (Lauren & Gavin) and 2 kitties - Luke (our orange tabby) & Tink (our grey tabby girl).
- Hobbies: "We relocated to sunny SC to be closer to our grandkids, so I am enjoying spending lots of my free time with them!"
- Memberships: National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America
Chris Hill - Receptionist
Chris began exploring the possibility of working in a veterinary hospital after acquiring 8 Basset Hounds! She’s been in the field for over 13 years now; with DIAH since 2005. As is the standard when working with animals, she has adopted several more family members over the years including a very special Beagle, Penny. Chris and Penny went to school to become pet therapy volunteers and together visited numerous nursing homes and hospices.
- Family: Husband – Richard; 3 grown sons, 2 daughters-in-law, and grandchildren - Reef and Pearl; 2 family dogs – Charlie and Sandy
- Favorite Part of DIAH: “Dr. Flood’s philosophy of service and exceptional care for both pets and their clients is what I was looking for when moving to Charleston and I found it!”
- Hobbies: Community service; sharing her dogs with many people in many different circumstances.
Callie Mathias - Tech Assistant
Callie started working at DIAH in the summer of 2014. She is currently a student at Trident Technical College, working towards a veterinary technician's degree. She enjoys the experience that she is getting at DIAH.
- Favorite Part of DIAH: "I love being surrounded by animals every time I work. It is fun to see the different personalities each animal has."
- Family: Mom: Julie, Dad: Tim, Sister: Anna, Dogs: Frida, Bailey, Gracie & Birds: Bubba and Milo.
- Hobbies: Callie loves to travel!
- Favorite Quote: "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." -Anatole France.
Vero Alvarado - Groomer's Assistant
Vero first worked as an extern at DIAH to complete her Certified Veterinary Tech Assistant program. She was born and raised in Southern CA and moved to SC in 2014 with her husband. They welcomed a baby boy in 2015! She was previously a Pet Stylist in West Ashley, but ended her grooming career when she was 8 months pregnant. "I am so thankful to have become a permanent part of this awesome team!"
- Family: Husband – Buddy, Son - Isaiah, Dogs - Princess & Pebbles, and beta fish.
- Favorite Part of DIAH: "I love how the employees are so connected to one another and to the clients and their pets! Everyone really seems to have a passion for what they do.”
- Why did you choose to work at a vet hospital?: I love helping animals however I can. I have wanted to work in the veterinary field as long as I can remember.
- Currently working towards: Buying a house and starting Vet Tech school!
Richard Flood - Co-Owner/Go For
Richard helped his wife, Dr. Flood, open our practice in January 2004. He has since become our dependable maintenance man and supplies shopper.
- Why He Works at a Veterinary Hospital: “I was not given a choice.”
- Hobbies: Being on the water, biking and trying to keep up with his teenage daughter
- Favorite Quote: “You don’t know what you don’t know.”
- Memberships: “Married to Dr. Flood. If that isn’t a membership, I don’t know what is.”