There are many credible, local boarding facilities in the Charleston area. The four our clients use most often (and we recommend) are:
Some of our team members also provide pet sitting in your home as a personal, side business. Their contact information is:
Lost and Found Pets
If your pet is lost...
- Notify our receptionists by calling 843.881.7228
- Email us a photo and paragraph to post on facebook including the phone number you would like others to call if your pet is found. We will cross post with Lucia's Premium Pet and
- If your pet is microchipped, also contact HomeAgain at 888.HOMEAGAIN. Your pet's microchip number can be found by logging into your ePetHealth account
- If we are closed, visit The Charleston Animal Society to search for your pet.
If you found a pet...
- Bring the pet by our office to have it scanned for a microchip.
- Email us a photo and paragraph to post on facebook including the phone number you would like others to call. We will cross post with Lucia's Premium Pet and DI Lost & Found Pets
- If we are closed, utilize The Charleston Animal Society as a central location for owners to reunite with their pets.
Turtles: Turtle and Tortoise Society
Nuisance Aligators: SC DNR
Communal properties or homes with an association - contact your POA or HOA
Private properties - call 843.953.9856
Purely Positive: Dog Training, Classes and Lessons
Susan Marett, CPDT-KA
843.532.8154 | email
We accept pet insurance from any carrier and encourage pet owners to shop around to find the best fit for them. For more information on pet insurance, read our article: "Is Pet Insurance Right for You?" Below are links to two of the carriers we are most familiar with:
Area Veterinary Specialists
Veterinary Specialty Care (Mt Pleasant, North Charleston)
Charleston Veterinary Referral Center (West Ashley)
Animal Eye Care of the Lowcounty (Dr. Anne Cook)
Southeast Veterinary Dermatology & Ear Clinic (Dr. Randy Thomas, Dr. Lisa Akucewich)
Coastal Carolina Veterinary Specialists (Dr. Robert T. Pernell, Whitney Rainero) Surgery and Rehabilitation Therapy
Mobile Veterinary Surgical Associates (Dr. Chris Hill) Performs orthopedic surgeries and consultations in our hospital.
Birds and Exotics Animal Care (Dr. Jose Biascoechea, Dr. Katie Rainwater)
Animal Control Emergencies (all cities/counties): 911
Cremation and Memorial Services
Pet keepsakes and memorials for cremations arranged through our hospital.