You may have heard: we're expanding! We will begin knocking down walls between our hospital and the empty space next door (formerly Island Town Cafe) within the next couple weeks. We will remain fully operational during construction but will be doing things a little differently. The project will be completed this winter and we can't wait to show everyone around our new hospital!
Here's what you need to know when you visit our practice...
Checking In and Stopping By
- Our receptionists will be in the building's shared lobby just to the right of our existing entrance. This is where you will drop by to pick up medication and food. (Please call ahead when food is needed, we will need a heads up to get it out of storage.)
- Because this is a shared lobby, pets are not allowed in the space. When you arrive for an appointment or drop-off, a technician will meet you at the entrance and take your pet to our air conditioned mobile office across the parking lot. You can relax and talk to the doctor about your pet in our lobby.
Exams and Grooming
- After you speak with the doctor, she will go to the mobile office to perform her exam. Unfortunately, clients are not allowed in the mobile office (zoning and liability) but we will make an extra effort to keep you up to date on what we are doing. You can chose to wait in the lobby or drop off and run some errands while we take care of your pet.
- Grooming appointments will meet at the entrance with Teri and Michelle. Teri will have her grooming table, wash tub (with heated water), and kennels set up in the mobile office just like she has in our hospital now!
Surgeries, Dentals, and X-Rays
- We will continue to do anesthesia procedures and x-rays 4 days a week thanks to our friends at Veterinary Specialty Care and Charleston Veterinary Referral Center!
- After you speak with your veterinarian and drop off for the day, the doctor and surgery technician will transport your pet (in our pet ambulance!) to one of our area specialty centers. Our medical team will be performing the procedures but we will be using the specialty center's space and equipment.
- The doctor will give you a call mid-day with an update and time to pick-up back at our hospital.
- The first phase of construction will be completed this fall and will allow us to move back into our operating room, radiology room, treatment area, and hospitalization ward.
- The remainder of the project is scheduled to be completed this winter and include reception, exam rooms, grooming, and offices.
- Our extra space will allow us to have...
- An additional exam room (which will reduce wait times for appointments!) and be devoted specifically for cats.
- A grooming area separate from our hospital ward.
- A larger waiting area so everyone can spread out and cats can wait in peace!
- A dental suite separate from our treatment area.
- A quiet, private, comfortable area for consultations and euthanasias.
- When finished, our entrances will be from the side courtyard and Seven Farms Drive. Parking will be available in the back of the building and street-side.
- See pictures of our progress on our "News & Events" page!
We welcome any suggestions that you have and are happy to answer all of your questions! Stop by and see us this fall and look for an open house invitation when we're all finished!