Dr. Rainwater and her dog, Zulie, demonstrate how to brush your pet's teeth. Just 1 minute, every day for healthy teeth and gums. You CAN do it!
- Use a pet-specific, enzymatic toothpaste instead of a human toothpaste.
- Start with a fingerbrush and work your way up to a toothbrush.
- Create a routine to brush teeth before a meal or treat to reward the behavior.
- Start slow! Let your pet lick the toothpaste as a treat and brush a few front teeth.
- Brush each tooth and the gum line in a circular motion.
- Focus on the outsides of the teeth. (The tongue will clean the insides.)
- Make sure to brush all of the molars in the back of the mouth - they're easy to miss.