We began using Pet Portals in January this year in an effort to provide our clients easier access to their pet’s medical records. If we have your email address on file, you receive periodic email reminders about wellness services that are due, but Pet Portals can do so much more!
- View your pet’s wellness records at any time: You can print a copy to provide to your boarding facility and take on trips with you in case of emergency. Click on the name of the service to read what it means and why we recommend it.
- Request appointments: Sometimes, remembering to schedule a vet appointment happens at 10 o’clock at night or is just easier to do online than it is over the phone. When you request an appointment through Pet Portals, you can specify which doctor you wish to see and give a range of potential dates and times that work for you. Our receptionists check the requests frequently and will get back to you by the next business day.
- Request medication and diet refills: Your pet’s full prescription history is listed in chronological order on your Pet Portal. When you are ready for a refill, simply click “pick up a refill.” Our technicians will fill the prescription and have it waiting for you at our office by the next business day.
- View upcoming/recent appointments: Forget the time of your next appointment? Want to see when you were last in? It’s all there!
- Create your own email reminders: Need help remembering to give monthly prevention? Want to remind yourself to schedule a grooming appointment every 6 weeks? You can set up email alerts for anything you like!
- Get informed: The “Care Guide” section of your pet portal has information on a range of topics including behavior, wellness, disease, and tests.
- Connect with other animal-lovers: Upload pictures, share stories, and read the “tails” of our four-legged friends across the country.
In the coming weeks we will be adding an online store to your Pet Portal which will allow home-delivery of all the products we recommend! More information on that when it’s available!
Log onto your Pet Portal, and click the button. If you need help accessing your Pet Portal, call our office and we can provide a temporary password.
Tell us your thoughts on Pet Portals! Do you like it? Dislike it? What would you change? What do you use it for?